How to get rid of bed bugs with Dupray steam cleaners
Having a bed bug issue is super stressful. But there is no need to panic and search for an expensive exterminator to blast the bugs away with toxic chemicals. You can actually take matters into your own hands and get rid of those pesky bugs on your own. Chemical-free.
Bed bugs hate heat
Did you know the one true weakness bed bugs have is heat? They cannot withstand extremely high temperatures, so all it takes to kill them is exposure to steam of at least 120°F / 48°C (the higher the temperature, the better). Using a steam cleaner is a safe and effective way to eliminate bed bugs and their eggs – for good!
Step by step
Follow these simple steps to efficiently eliminate bed bugs from your home. This way, you’ll know the job is done properly and you won’t have to worry about further infestation.
Let’s get started!
- Remove any clutter. Be sure to wash all exposed linens and clothing in hot water. Once dry, seal these items in plastic bags to keep them protected.
- Vacuum all carpets, furniture, mattresses and box springs to remove dust and debris. (Remember to thoroughly clean your vacuum and accessories afterwards.)
- Install the triangular tool, with a microfiber cloth, to your steam cleaner.
- Steam your space from top to bottom, beginning with curtains and working your way down to your bed and other furniture.
- When steaming your mattress, set the steam cleaner to low or medium pressure to avoid pushing the bed bugs deeper into the mattress instead of killing them.
- Work slowly to ensure the steam has time to heat up adequately and the entire surface has been covered. Steam over all six sides of the mattress and repeat as needed.
- Bed bugs will hide in small corners and crevices, so be diligent about checking all areas including the stitching of your mattress. You’re looking for small dots and clusters (these are the bed bug eggs!).
- Once finished, wrap the freshly steamed mattress, box spring and furniture in tear-resistant plastic for two weeks to ensure all living organisms will die.
Having a quality steam cleaner on hand is an excellent way to tackle everyday cleaning tasks as well as these isolated issues that need your immediate attention. Having to deal with bed bugs is a drag, but at least you can manage the task efficiently using just the power of steam!